Friday

'Dad, do you fancy going for a walk?'

The title of this post quickly turned into this... 



Ok so maybe I did ask for something challenging to which my dad responded 'no problem' already with a map in hands and walking boots on.



So I may complain at the time but I do enjoy getting out the hills, its in my blood, my dad was a climber and any chance to get out on the hill he quickly rounds the family up. Throughout the year we find ourselves packing up the car and heading over to The Lake District, whether its for a day or week. 





We stay in little village called Ambleside, its just past Windermere. I have been going since I was just a month old, I dont like it when people say this but it's kind of like a second home. I love everything about it, the laid back culture, the shops that have been there forever, walking boots in the restaurants and most importantly the memories I have there.



There are great walks that can be started from Ambleside and that can be enjoyed by all the family, you don't have to go walking for a whole day up a steep hill (that always leaves you in pain for days), just head out, see what you can find and enjoy the views. Not to worry if the rain puts you off either as there is lots to do indoors, how about the Beatrix Potter museum? 

TAKE NOTE: If you are ever over that way you must go to Zeffirellis. An award wining vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Ambleside that offers you a variety of delicious food. I rave about this place and jump at any possibility to go. It has changed over the years, not in a bad way just with time, I mean they couldn't do teddy bear ear shaped pizza's forever could they. They have expanded the restaurant, opened another around restaurant the corner, a jazz bar and 3 cinemas in the village (also great for rainy days). I know I should tell you what I would recommend but I cant as its all too good, just see what takes you fancy on the day whether it's lunch or dinner.


Happy Hiking! 

xxxxxx

   


No comments:

Post a Comment